The 2013 China National Sugar and Alcoholic Commodities Fair in Chengdu
The 2013 China National Sugar and Alcoholic Commodities Fair is going to be held in Chengdu, March 28-31. With great support from the U.S. Embassy¡¯s Scott Sindelar, Minister Counselor of the Agricultural Affairs, the first U.S. Wine Pavilion is going to be set up during the exhibition to promote American Wines in Booth #2£¨T2B009/010£©. The American Wine Import Association is distinctly honored to be appointed as the exclusive host and coordinator of the first U.S. Wine Pavilion. All of the expenses incurred by AWIA including the booth leasing, decoration and other costs will be transparent and open. The U.S. Wine Pavilion will be divided into for 25 companies evenly, and the 25 individual booths will be open to all American wine importers from all the regions in China who meet the following requirements.
* The participants must be U.S. wine suppliers/importers/distributors, and the wine must be original packaged wine from the States.
* The participants can only display the original packaged wines from the U.S. during the exhibition.
* The estimated cost of each individual booth is RMB 10,000, including venue, decoration and other costs.
* Remaining spaces are available but limited. Interested exhibitors need to confirm their attendance and submit RMB 5,000 deposit ASAP. Please contact Maggie Chi
Wine Master Magazine
The American Wine import Association (AWIA) is also planning to publish a special issue magazine called Wine Master to coincide with this fair. The goal is to promote American wine and wine culture. It also helps readers identify where to find American wines suppliers. Magazines will be placed at the following venues:
1) US and Chinese government offices as well as commercial enterprises;
2) Alcohol Exhibitions & Trade Fairs throughout China;
3) High-end hotels & commercial places throughout China.
For those interested in contributing an article or advertisement, please contact ATO Chengdu or Maggie Chi no later than March 4.
ATO Chengdu Wine Tasting Event:
The Agricultural Trade Office of the U.S. Consulate-General Chengdu is leveraging the opportunity of the upcoming Spring Sugar and Alcohol Fair to hold a wine tasting event in Chengdu on March 26, 2013. For those interested in participating, please contact Chengdu.ATO@fas.usda.gov no later than March 7.